25.2.10

estoy feliz : )

Roofs in Mexico are perfect for soaking up the sun. That is, if you can figure out how to climb up the ladder without slipping to your death.

I am laying on the roof in my tankini under a cloudless sky. My pink ipod is charged and John Mayer's melodic tunes are ringing through my ears. I sit up and can see all of Puebla, the collage of colors and buildings is picturesque. The giant volcano stands snowy and beautiful in the background. This is perfection before a day of teaching my beloved hooligans. I love the children, but they are on occasion.. insane. The occasion being daily. The occasional neighbor gets on their roof to hang laundry and stares at me like a zoo animal. To them, I am a crazy white girl, they are wearing sweaters and jeans. It's 75 degrees. They are crazy. I have braved the icy winds of The Burg. I will soak up every ray of this sun possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment