9.9.10

don't die welcome to rexburg ♥

Happy first day of classes, if this rain keeps up your biggest fear shouldn't be finding your classes but being swept in the growing river that is plowing down the streets or being pelted in the face by a piece of hail and receiving unrepairable damage to your face. I think it is mother nature's way of weeding out the weak ones here in the Burgler.

I am going to talk to you about fear, and how my fear has evolved over the years. When I was 15 years old and camping, my biggest fear would be walking to the outhouse in the dark by myself. I would panic about a character from a scary story told around the campfire lurking in the trees. Now I would rather be killed then use an outhouse, and I am now more afraid of rent payments and where the heck my registration and insurance went out of my car, insomuch that I would gladly welcome the Freak from Scary Creek to attack me in the woods so that I wouldn't have to worry about those things. And I my friends, am not a worrier.

First day of classes was today. BYU-I is so small. I have at least 3 people I know in every class, and in between classes was an insano hug " HELLOO!! HOW ARE YOU!" party. My favorite moment of the day was when one of my professors told his life story with different hats and teared up when he talked about his crappy relationship with his father. However, I am committed to ehh be an active participant in my education, and care about it and whatnot. And not make fun of my emotional teacher anymore. Watch me pull a 4.0. Dooo it.

Random Phase: HAMBURGERS.
What the junk,no? I have been actively despising hamburgers for at least a few years. And then in Missoula on the way to Rexburg instead of a happy meal, I thought... " Or how about a Mushroom and Swiss burger the size of my face?" And it was delicious.






No comments:

Post a Comment