2.3.11

Differences between Ukrainians and Americans

You can hear Americans before you can see them. Ukrainians are pretty stealth.

Ukrainians don't laugh at people when they slip and fall on the ice, they just rush to help you up. But then again I haven't seen them laugh at much.

The men are very gentlemanly- opening doors, always ready to come to your aid when it looks like you might fall over on a packed metro... Even the drunk ones. Last night a guy sat across from me on the bus who just wreaked of alcohol, and he still gave up his seat for a lady and her kiddo. And they ADORE their ladies. Adoration is just like dripping out of their faces and they are very affectionate.

Ukrainian women actually know how to walk in heels, and are very feminine. They should show women in the US how it's done. Even the old ladies never leave their house without lipstick.


Ukrainians ehh think that if you sit on the ground your ovaries will freeze. No, I am not kidding. They seriously believe it like a fact of science. Our regional coordinator who I regard as a highly intelligent woman believes this with all her heart, as do all women here. I have been reminded of this a few times.Also they push around their babies in their strollers when it's freezing to get them used to the cold. I don't know if there is anything to that, but to me cold always feels cold no matter how much time I spend it it, but it's a nice idea.

I can count the number of fat Ukrainians I have seen on 1 hand.

The director is here from Provo and is coming to my schools tomorrow so I can show off how awesome my teachers are. And right now I am looking at wedding cakes and bridesmaid dresses, which is a party.

Also I am aware that there has been a serious lack of me taking pictures. I am working on it.

Luvs,
Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment