4.3.11

facts of my life

* Today I was on the most packed bus I have ever been on. I didn't have to worry about hanging on, because I couldn't move. Not even when we got to my stop. However, I try to be observant here, and I had heard people say "mo shna" when they are in similar situations. So it was try it or miss my stop so I said it a couple of times as I tried to wiggle my way off the bus, and it worked and everyone was super kind. I asked Christina what it means when I got home. It means "May I." Excellent. In the past I have said in Russian, door please, or sorry. I am happy I discovered the right words.

* Today was BEAUTIFUL. The sun was shining. It smelled like spring. I adore spring- the sun melting and everything coming alive makes me feel alive and full of energy too. So does diet coke.

* This weekend everyone is celebrating Women's Day. I love holidays, especially ones that involve getting showered with flowers and chocolate. We got SO MUCH chocolate today, so at lunch we all sat on the floor trying all the different kinds and organizing a loose itinerary for Lviv this weekend, we leave tomorrow! My first time on a train!

* Lviv looks beautiful from the pictures I have seen. We made a list of places we want to see today and I am so excited!! I will take pictures I promise. Our hostel had some mixed reviews so it should be an adventure.

* So I watch Modern Family occasionally. It's pretty entertaining. I have always thought that the relationship between Jay and Gloria kind of resembles Elliott and I's relationship. I never told him that. And today he told me the same thing. Ha ha.. Elliott different than Jay though. Elliott is hot.

* I had a bunch of apples that I wasn't in the mood to eat this week, so I decided to do something with them before they went gross. I made an apple crisp. And it was lovely. The new oven is interesting though, it doesn't have degrees, it has an outline of a flame, and a filled in flame with dots in between. You pick which dot. I picked the in the middle dot. I guess I picked the right one.

* I was wondering why I haven't seen any cockroaches around. Want to know why I have not? They are in hiding. Apparently in the microwave at our school. They are living there. Do you have any idea how grossed out it makes me, to know that there are cockroaches chilling out in the inner workings of the device in which I heat up my lunch everyday? YUCKKKK!!

I am trying to think of one more fact so I don't leave you with the creepy crawly feeling. Phew ok I have one.

* I got my scholarship app all done! Getting ready to finish up what is hopefully my last year of school!!

THE END! Be watching for pictures and how Lviv went! I will be back Wednesday.

Luvs,
Kayla



No comments:

Post a Comment