28.4.11

that there book readin

Normally I devour books. I don't feel satisfied until I know what happens. It started when I was little, with Harry Potter. My brother Kyle would tell me how long it took him to finish each one, and I would always try to beat him. We are talking through the night reading here.

I am still reading 7 habits of highly effective people. I started it last week. I don't know if it has ever taken me longer than a week to read a book. But I don't want this one to end. Read it. It's the kind of book you savor and ponder. I will read for half a bus ride.. and then just think about it, and how it applies to me. It has so much advice about leadership positions, which is very applicable in my situation, and a lot of things that will apply to my marriage which begins in A MONTH AND A HALF. Yes, that is all.

Here are some gems from this week's reading:

"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong."

" Whenever love is given on a conditional basis, when someone has to earn love, what's being communicated to them is that they are not intrinsically valuable or lovable. It's like saying that value does not lie inside, but outside them."

"Who is winning in your marriage? is a ridiculous question. If both aren't winning, both are loosing."

anddd my favorite quote this week

" Maturity is the balance between courage and consideration."

I have never heard a better definition.


This book just really gives you so much insight to how you deal with others.


--------


Kiev has turned into a new place these last few weeks. The sun is shining, there are LEAVES ON THE TREES, which I had ruled out as impossible by the looks of things in the winter time. It smells like spring. Which I adore. And I am enjoying myself. There may be room in my heart for Kiev.


No comments:

Post a Comment