11.4.11

recent reads

jane eyre by charlotte bronte
READ IT!!! I couldn't put it down. And not just because I was on a bus for 30 hours. Such a sweet story, with some surprises. Loved it.

uncle tom's cabin by harriet beecher stowe
I have always wanted to read this. And I am glad I did.

lucy sullivan is getting married by marian keyes
So cute! It started out like cliche chic lit, but transformed the middle into a story with actual depth and a goodish message. You really feel for Lucy and learn to love her character ( i couldn't stand her at first!!) as she changes throughout the book. And it has a wonderful ending. A good one to read with a blankey and some ice cream.

glass castle by jeanette walls
A memoir. Completely depressing. I mean yeah, it's cool that she went through all these terrible things and turned out ok, but I wouldn't recommend it.

ana karenina by leo tolstoy
Honestly, I hate not finishing books. But I quit this one in the middle. It wasn't that uplifting of a read for someone who is about to get married, it has just so much about infidelity and was just kind of negative. It is written beautifully, I will have to give it another go sometime.

Today. I went to Mega Mart as I usually do on Mondays. And I bought THE MOST delicious rolls I have ever eaten. Good bread is hard to find here, they don't use preservatives so it is dry unless you eat it the day it's made.

No comments:

Post a Comment