17.12.10

i've fallen in love.

With this sofa. How do you fall in love with a sofa? I don't know, maybe because it is elegant and cozy and inviting all at the same time? And look at the sweetheart shape at the top. Adorable. In the sage of course. Sage is a neutral now, and therefore goes with everything.
Including it's matching armchair....




And cute little ottoman...


And this hecka adorable chair

And this coffee table (pictured below). Which has a glass top. And I know you are probably thinking about baby slobber and fingerprints, but that is what windex is for. And maybe you weren't thinking about that. I don't know where these thoughts are coming from.

Probably from my mom, who always has practical thoughts such as these.
And who also inspires some of my color schemes and decorating ideas.


And if you have the neutral sage sofa then you have to spice it up with some bomb throw pillows.
Throw pillows tie everything together.
Without them it would be like popcorn without butter and salt.
Or a field without alfalfa seed.. ( that metaphor was for fiance.. the man is anti-throw pillow)
Pretty much I mean without throw pillows a room would suck.






And I plan on tossing all different patterns and textures together for a collage of greatness and beauty.

With these items I'd keep the walls pretty taupe like.
Anything but white.

Spice it up with a recreation of a Monet and the classic picture of Jesus.

Pictures of Future Husband and I in cute frames.


Some classic vintage books on a sweet shelf.
Next to a wooden vase.
Some interesting lighting.


Some end tables that I find at a yardsale and sand down and repaint.
You know, awesome.


A globe.
I have a fascination with globes. They make you think. And feel inspired.



I mean your home is where you will have little get-togethers and wrestle with your husband on the floor and snuggle up and read books to your adorable babies some day.
So I think it should really be an expression of self
&
a place you love to be





Turns out dreaming up house stuff is in a way more fun than wedding stuff, because the wedding is for a day.. and I get to live here. In a home.

So you should know that I got all of these pictures from pier 1. I adore pier 1.
I could spend hours in there!!
And also that I am broke and this is torture. Of the best sort.





No comments:

Post a Comment