9.12.10

leadership and the library.

Whooaaa there look at those stacks of book in the background. It appears as though Kayla is in the library. Well my friends, I am pleased to tell you, I am.


This is how gross my planner is this week. Check box after check box. I even had to go color coded. Not so much had to as there were cool colored pencils at work that I felt compelled to use. Last two weeks of school are a little hectic.
Now observe the stark contrast. This is the week after finals. Colorful. Bright. Hope.
If you are trying to read what it says backwards, yes, straight up it says, "cuddle Fiance. ALL DAY." This picture also says, "Kayla you can't get away with drinking that much diet coke and not crest white strip it up every now and again." Put it on my list.
Align Center
Lately I have been mulling around the definition of a good leader, seeing how I will be in a position of leadership in Ukraine. This is what I have come up with so far:

  • A leader isn't intimidated by the fluent Russian and awesomeness of others. A good leader knows how to appreciate and utilize the talents of others to improve our overall experience.
  • A good leader doesn't have to have the upper hand on everything, a good leader knows the strengths of others and delegates out authority. Everyone is important.
  • A good leader has a vision, and shares this vision with the group.
  • A good leader has a plan, and is willing to work with others to make a super plan.
  • A good leader leads by example
  • A leader has the power to bring people together, to unite them in a common cause, to spread the passion that she feels to others.
  • Leadership is the ability to influence, not tyranny
  • Leadership is staying calm in the tough situations, and being strong enough to have others lean on you when times get tough, a leader inspires confidence.
  • Integrity. Character. Kindness.
Any other thoughts? I'd be glad to hear them.

I am so excited to start this new chapter in my life called living in Europe and sleeping on a sweet pullout bed.

and now I am off to go work for 5 hours.

luvvvs,
Kayla

1 comment:

  1. A leader is someone who can move people without telling them what to do!

    ReplyDelete