23.5.10

The Help

I just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I have this thing where I have to finish books as quickly as possible, otherwise I think about the unfinished plotline when I am doing other things and it's distracting. Even if it means that I possibly read.... pretty much all day. But can I just tell you that book was 100% worth it!

It was about maids during the civil rights movement, and this girl who wants to be a journalist who puts everything on the line to get their stories for a book- burning every bridge she has for something she feels passionate about. It's filled with irony and humor but it also has the most tender moments ever.....My favorite part being the maid telling the toddler that is neglected by her mother.., " you are kind, you are smart, you are important. ".. It's about breaking through those barriers that we set up for ourselves, and reaching for something better even if it means risking everything.

It's just insane to me how recent these times really were, and how a lot of sentiment and tragedies that happened then are still going on today. It's excellent, I highly recommend it.

Goodnight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment