11.4.10

fin domingo en puebla

Back when you are 5 years old walking to the bus stop in your perfect little neighborhood with nicely mowed lawns.. back when you are playing with your friends on the swing set and your biggest problem is that your hands are sticky from your grape Popsicle.. With stay at home Mom's and cookies after school..Back then you would never imagine that you are would be where you stand today. Sometime between then and now life happened.

I've moved a lot. If I count it is near 15 times. I've met a lot of people. I was doing some catching with some people that I knew more than 10 years ago. What I've realized is the massive challenges that have come to every single one of us. I used to think that my life alone had been shaken up, and that I was one of few that had been tossed around. That isn't the truth.. The truth is that everyone is delt different challenges.. everyone that I know.

The difference in our lives has been how we handle those challenges.. Like Dieter F. Ucdorf said in General Conference last week, " Everyone is walking his or her own difficult path.".. and like Donald L. Hallstrom said, " How we respond to personal tragedy can change the course of our lives." It's true, I see it all the time. We may or may not see it, but we are surrounded by people who need us. We all need eachother, and there is no reason to think you are ever alone.


I feel so very blessed to have the Gospel in my life. Looking back it has been one of few things that has remained constant in my life, and I can't imagine where I would be without it. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't kneel down and pray to my Heavenly Father and ask him to help me, to comfort me, and be with me so many times throughout my life.

Life hasn't been easy but looking back even thus far I can see the blessings of the Gospel scattered throughout. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us so very much and will never leave us comfortless, all we have to do is ask.

Today in Sacrament my host siblings and Nick and I sang, I Know that my Redeemer Lives... 2 verses in English and 2 in Spanish...after that we all got to bear our testimonies.. It was an amazing Sunday.. I sat there for a minute after meetings had ended and looked around and said goodbye. There will be a lot of goodbyes this week and lots of tears. Puebla is my home.. I love it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment