6.4.10

que triste

It was sooo good to be back with my kids today!! I didn't realize how much I missed them or how much I like teaching. The two hours in the morning was WONDERFUL. I went into my classroom and just breathed in it's adorableness and just thought... " I love this place..."

Afterward I went to the quesadilla lady and changed my clothes real quick and then we all headed off to the movies. We are trying to find ways to spend all our new found time.We saw Outlander. On the movies about dragon slayers, vikings, and space travel all in one movie scale I would give it a 4 of 5, but on a scale where I compare it to ehh normal movies it's about a 1.5. It was really gory in a mounds of dead people kind of way. The dragon had neon green blood and lit up like a glowstick so there was some intrigue and originality there I think. Only one of the guys was named Boromir like LOTR status and it bothered me that any movie would steal anything from the wonder that is Lord of The Rings.



Today I was having a hard time. I just found out that my mom has to work and can't meet me up at the Hart building where I will be dumped off at after a day and a half of traveling home. I leave at 3 AM and have a 2 hour bus ride to Mexico City. I then leave for Georgia of all places at 7:20, I have a 2 hour layover there... woot Georgia!! Never had an overwhelming desire to be there before ha ha... Then I head to Salt Lake, wait in Salt Lake for an hour for my shuttle, then that very shuttle dumps me and all my leopard print luggage in the snow outside the Hart building at around 11 pm... where I would be all cold, hungry, and alone if it wasn't for my bestest friend B-Ster who is taking me in for the night.

Homecomings are a really big deal for me. Like for some people it's a really big deal that you squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom up, and for some people it's important to feel loved and have a big ehhh welcome home I love you kind of thing. Like when I came home for Thanksgiving last semester and didn't have a bed and my little bro had taken over the car I used to drive... I cried. Anyways I was super upset today because that is just not how I imagined me coming home being.

So I was kind of a grouch butt... I hate being a grouch butt. I went to the bathroom and said a little prayer. When you have a roomie you say a lot of prayers in the bathroom. I just told Heavanly Father about everything that has been bothering me lately and just let it all out. I know that He was listening and I know he loves us all so much, and knows our hearts and knows when we are trying. I took a nap after and woke up feeling like a new person, and I was my regular self again and had a really wonderful time at institute, even if I had to dodge a cheek kiss from that guy who ended up kissing my hair which was possibley more awkward.

Everything will be ok as long as I am trying my best. I wish that I could have all my things and have a job and know if I got my housing scholarship and have my room all set up and groceries shopped for the day I get to school, but it isn't going to happen. And that will have to be ok. Also I wish that my fat jeans didn't fit perfectly now, but I will just have to work that out at the gym when I get back to school ha ha.

Today in Institute I had to do an improv devotional since the person I asked wasn't there. We went around and talked about our favorite part of conference. My favorite part was all the talks about Mothers.. Especially Robert D. Hale's talk.. It made me excited to be a mom and for the future... The nature to nurture that women have was mentioned, and I think that being here in Mexico with my kiddos has really brought that out in me a lot more.

P.S... Remember how being dropped off in the Burg made new shoes a necessity? And I thought... Hmm why not buy some Tom's and that way not only is it shopping but it is also a little baby service project. Now a child in need will have shoes and so will I : )

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know what to comment on but i loved catching up on your blogs! I missed reading them while you were trippin. Anyways, love ya!!

    ReplyDelete