21.6.10

zoooooooom

So I've got a question, and for once it's not me quoting Kei$ha and asking if you want to have a slumber party in my basement. The question is where is my life going. I was writing a paper today, and I looked at the date on my laptop and it said June 21, 2010.... And I was all wow my calender is off. FALSE!! Indeed my friends, it is the 21st of June. My life is flying by at an exponential rate. Since last June I have graduated from High School, and from Big Bend Community College with my associates degree.. I have survived 1.5 semesters of BYU-I, and lived in Mexico for 4 months teaching English. Talk about a loaded year, yeah? Probably the biggest I've ever had, I am in no way the same person as I was last June, and in some ways I would say.. thank goodness ha ha. I'm a happier and smarter chica, who is entirely more aware of why I am here and what I am to be doing.

Things I've Learned Since Last June:
How to pack 4 months in two suitcases
How to survive living with 5 other crazy girls in one apartment,
and all of the different personalities therein
How to actually sincerely study
How aware Heavenly Father is of our hearts & needs
To love Mexican food with a fiery passion
To love my host family and the people of Puebla, Mexico
To say goodbye to those people
How to sew ( ok it's a work in progress)
Patience ( also a work in progress)
How much I love my family : )
How to enjoy the single life
To learn to love what's good for me
that I want to be teach kindergarten
that "if anything is worth doing it's worth doing right"
how to cook food other than toast and nobake cookies
AND TONS MORE STUFF GUYS.

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree!! You have changed so much in just a year! I am so honored to be your besterd :)

    ReplyDelete