10.2.11

the kids

It is official, the kids in Ukraine are no different than the ones I taught in Mexico. They are all crazy.

We have a kid who growls at everyone, and when he gets too upset, he gets up and puts himself in the corner until he calms down. Do you know how awesome that is? It almost makes up for the creepiness of the growling.

We have a kid who is probably clinically hyperactive and runs around like he just chugged red bull and ate a 5 pound bag of skittles. He runs out of class and locks himself in the bathroom, breaks things, and then hugs you like it will make it all better.

We have a child who really likes me. A LOT.It got to be a problem so now we have a rule and it is NO TOUCHING TEACHER. He would run up to me and kiss my hand and basically anywhere that he could reach being only like 3 ft tall, and assaulting me with hugs whenever I would walk by. It was cute for like 5 min, and then we all got over it.

Being a head teacher I get to watch the teachers go through what I had to, and then reassure them that, they too, will survive.

Also, I found this background, and it was titled babushka. Therefore I felt compelled to use it. Only these look like nice babushkas, not crazy ones who yell at you in the streets. So, they are not very representative.

I get married in 127 days! It is going by so quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment