15.2.11

sincere efforts.

Just so you know, the most interesting thing to me about Ukraine is the people. Their serious faces, their overly furry attire, all of it. So I have been carrying my camera around trying to get up the guts to photograph random people in the street. You know, like the Sartorialist. How does he do it without coming across as a creep? Anyways I tried to shoot some babushkas selling what appeared to be stray dog meat outside my metro stop, and this other lady leaped out in front of me and spread her arms out to block the shot. I was startled. Passerby laughed. Either they don't want incriminating shots of them selling questionable meat, or they think that a photo will steal their soul. My fiance has a similar phobia. Fiance can be bribed with pies, I wonder how I can get the babushkas here to cooperate, or how I can be more stealth.

Also what is interesting is that I was all excited for our new oven. And they brought it, and just left it on the floor in the middle of the kitchen and got our floor all muddy and then peaced out, and left nasty oven installed. Not as exciting as I had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment