20.3.10

birthday party

Yesterday it was my host sister Dariian's birthday. For every single birthday that I have been here for, including my own, everyone tries to act like it is a surprise, as if you don't already know it's your own birthday. So after I got home from my evening classes and changed into my trusty pink sweatpants, Ashley was all " COME DOWNSTAIRS, DARIIAN IS COMING!" So Nick and I wandered downstairs in the dark, and I walked into the kitchen right into Hannah and Steph who were already hiding behind the counter. When she came in we yelled SURPRISA!!! And she kind of acted surprised.

Anyways, we played mas o menos 800 rounds of spoons. Yes, we have taught our host family to play spoons. I had felt nauseous all day. My host mom looked at me and she was all, " You look worried, why?" And I wanted to say.. yeah I am worried that I'm gonna vomit all over this card game, but I didn't. I tried to explain that I didn't feel good but I don't think it worked. Anyways I won't lie Nick and I were pretty much cheating the whole time. We would look at eachothers cards and pass eachother the ones we needed and warn each other when to grab a spoon. Also, one of my host sister's buddies who was there kept on staring at Brother Bedford like she wanted leap across the table and grape him. Non-stop. I felt awkward just witnessing it.

Anyways, being in Mexico, after cake we pushed aside the couches and turned on some good ol' mexicano tunes to dance to. And then 5 or 6 teachers from Tehuacan showed up without warning, and they had cake, too. My mom really bothered that I didn't want to dance but I just straight up needed sleeeeeep and to feel less like I was going to puke. So when Nick was showing one of the Tehuacan girls where our bathroom was I just went upstairs too only didn't come back down and fell asleep and didn't wake up till almost 11 this morning. Yes, you may call me a party pooper.

P.S

This very second, out of the necessity that is fitting into my clothes, I need to embark on an adventure that is loosing 5 pounds. No dorks I know I'm not fat, I'd just like my pants to zip up, ight? So if I have a bad day and go into a quesadilla frenzy or eat enough chocolate to put someone in a diabetic coma, then at the bottom of my post will read, epic fail. If it goes alright, I will say something to the effect of... chya!!! And if I show excellent self control and even toss some fruits and veggies in there, I will put.. . holy crap I am good. Deal? Feel free to join me. Next week I will run everyday, and not wake up hoping that the other members of the cross country team will bail out so I can sleep in.

♥,
KAYLA

Today: Epic Failure

No comments:

Post a Comment