1.3.10

conejo y limpiando y otra tanto cosas

First off I'd like to yell " I LOVE YOU WOMAN!!" to my one and only blog follower B-STER Milligan, more commonly known as Brittany, or one of the coolest most hilarious ladies on the planet.

Today was wonderful for a Monday. I woke up at 8:15 and seriously contemplated telling Steph that I'd rather sleep in and not go for a run. But I won that inner battle and 15 minutes later we were jogging around sunny Puebla.

Classes went AMAZING today. Because some kids weren't paying they got cut from the ILP program, conveniently enough my two problem children were removed... I almost felt like my classes went too good and that the children listened to0 well. Except for Diana who fell asleep and peed her pants. That was probably C- listening...

Today I asked Nicki was the carne was in the pot for lunch. She said it was chicken. Only I know what chicken looks like and I know what conejo looks like and it was definitely conejo... Conejo is rabbit. I will not eat the fuzzy and adorable, that is where I draw the line. Anyways she ate it and said it wasn't that bad.

We had Spanish class and I forgot that Mondays are my prep day and that I don't have to teach evening classes, so I was presently surprised. I got a lot of work done like cleaning out my heinously dirty classroom closet, organizing my perpetually disorganized binder, and filling out my student profiles.

Afterwards we had to clean the apartment school. Which I was really mad about. I don't live there, why the crap should I have to mop their floor and do their dishes. I did their dishes yesterday!! It's the inability of men to clean up after themselves. After I mopped we all discovered that the kitchen floor is actually a blue color and not dusty gray. I have a hard time fathoming the reasons behind mopping floors in Mexico when everyone wears their shoes in the house anyway.. It's one of those chores that is comparable to nailing jello to a tree, or making your bed, or sweeping city sidewalks. Sweeping the dirt.. off a sidewalk... That happens a lot here. Why? I do not understand... I think the people of Mexico like to keep busy. Anyways I am home now and we are about to have familia noche de hogar.. aka family home evening..

Besos y Abrazos,
Kayla

3 comments:

  1. When you get back come work at the AIM school, we need your spanish! (and then marry my brother) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my oh my! thanks for the shout out lady! :) I hate cleaning up after slobs, especially when its totally pointless because they are going to keep being slobs even if you clean after them...anyways. I love ya :) te echo de menos tambien!!

    ReplyDelete