8.3.10

I blog a lot.

Tonight we had family home evening... I think I've had more Family Home Evenings here than I've had in my whole life, I'm just thinking of it as catching up. Garrett taught the lesson. We talked about when we've been most happy. He asked all of us. I would just like you to know that I am only happy when I'm doing what's right, when I am living the gospel. I'm only truly happy when I'm praying and reading my scriptures each day, and especially here when I am serving my Heavenly Fathers children that he loves so much.

Life isn't easy. I can't count how many times I've cried myself to sleep, or felt like I had much more than I can take on, but I know that for every time I kneeled down and told my Heavenly Father that I needed him that He was there. I know that Joseph Smith knelt and prayed, and that God and Jesus appeared unto him, and that fact has changed millions of lives forever. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon, and restored this church so that we can know the truth and return to live with our Heavenly Father again.

I know we aren't here by chance. I know that this life is a test and that if we let him into our lives Heavenly Father will bless us so very much, and that he knows each one of us by name and has a plan for us. I know that we have a living prophet who leads this church and receives revelation from God. I have such a strong testimony of prayer, that we need to pray always always always especially when we don't feel like it. You can always pray no matter who you are or what you've done. I know I'm not perfect, but I know that Jesus suffered for all of our sins, and that we can repent and be clean and pure again. I have a testimony of the enabling power of the atonement that it can heal our broken hearts and make us stronger. I know that I am a daughter of God, that we are all children of our Heavenly Father, and I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and I will believe that to the core of my heart. I love all of you, and I felt like I should let you know...


My Dad took this. Chamberlain Photography.

1 comment: